While working within the framework of a developmentally appropriate program, Bethany Community School strives to educate the whole child: emotionally, intellectually, socially, and physically. Our program provides a broad base of growth through diverse experiences using organizes group time, learning centers, and outside play.
Our classes are from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. You may enroll in 2 to 5 days per week depending on your needs and what is available.
Classes range from 14 months (by Sept. 1) through Pre-Kindergaten. Learn more about each of our classes here.
Our basic principles:
- We want children to respect all faiths. We teach no theology, but we do pray before snack and lunch thanking God.
- We respect all families, their customs, and their child rearing practices as long as they are not harmful to the child.
- We are a partner with each family at BCS to achieve the most successful outcome for their child.
- Each child is an individual who deserves specific assessment, attention, care and love to achieve their personal best.
- Our program is developmental in nature with challenges placed before those children who are ready for them.
- Science and nature play a huge part of the hands-on learning experience at Bethany.
- Music and movement are part of our everyday activities and reinforce how important it is to nurture the “whole child.”
Sprouts Child Development Initiative
Sprouts is a grant-funded initiative operating under the Community Service Council of Tulsa. Bethany has contracted a working partnership with their program. BCS parents are to go to Sprouts Child Development Initiative and fill out the ASQ3 on their child(ren). The results are quickly reported back to the parent addressing any concerns. Our staff also receives the final report to
- Help set up the environment on campus to meet the needs of every child
- Assure that the learning space is appropriate, yet challenging enough, for every child attending
Should further evaluations or referrals need to take place, Sprouts, the family, and the Bethany staff will work together to seek out the best plan for the child.
Bethany Community School has worked with the Sprouts staff for over 10 years and has developed a professional and trusting relationship. We value their recommendations and their expertise in child development.